Wednesday 28 July 2010

Down in the Dumps

The dept I have been working for these last 18 months or so is being dissolved.  It only had funding to run for 5 years so we all knew this time would come.  What we didn't know was that jobs were going to be hard to come by.  The jobs are there, it's just harder to get an interview.  It's frustrating and we're all rather unhappy with our lot.  So we'll be marching to the nearest temp agency in order to avoid joining the ever increasing special brew crew in the Peace Garden near the Media Factory. 

I do have an interview on Monday at long last, just getting an interview has made me feel happier.  Interviews I don't have problems with, it's the job applications that seem to be the problem.  I hate doing everything online, I'm sure my cv is just lost in a big black hole somewhere.  And when I do get acknowledgement, it's usually a rejection.  It is actually a horrific experience this job seeking lark but I'll be damned if I have to sign on.  I've never signed on in my life and I don't want to start now.

1 comment:

  1. On the other hand, it's better to sign on than starve! I had to for a while, it's not so bad, and at least you can afford the petrol to get you to interviews, and I believe they'll pay for stamps and stuff in their "job clubs"!!! Good luck with the hunt xx

    ReplyDelete